Monday

When we were in Albi a couple of weeks ago we went to the Toulouse-Lautrec museum.  I was really excited to see the collection, as I didn't really know that much anything about his life. It seems that outsiders always are the best to understand other outsiders: Toulouse-Lautrec's little legs sharpened his interest for those living on the fringe.  Hence the paintings he made while hanging out in bordels.

(side note: I accidently said bordel, in reference to the mess of toys we had made, in front of the little girl I babysit and found out from her dad that I shouldn't use that word in front of children. oops.)

So Toulouse-Lautrec was also a raging alcoholic, and to hide his juice he had a special shot glass in his cane.  Genius! The cane in the picture isn't the real one that I saw in the museum, but is from a shop in London called James Smith and Sons.

EDIT: this will be perfect for my mother, who just sustained a dancing-related injury.

No comments: